What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Email address
- Telephone contact number
- Ticket details (entry type, V.I.P lounge, masterclasses….)
- Company name / occupation / job title
- Age or birth date
- The products and services you have purchased or which you have enquired about
- Credit card details
- ABN [for registered Festival stallholders]
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website or anonymous answers to surveys.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you in ways including:
- when you request information from us
- when you book tickets to Bastille Day French Festival events
- when you register as an artist with Bastille Day French Festival
- when you apply for a job with us
- when you apply to work as a volunteer with Bastille Day French Festival
- when you make a donation to us
- when you subscribe to our mailing lists or E-news
- when you access, use or log in to our website
- when you enter a competition
- when you attend digital events hosted on the Bastille Day French Festival
- during conversations between you and our representatives
We may also collect personal information from third parties including ticketing companies if the Bastille Day French Festival event is co-hosted by a third party..
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all (this could include information regarding performance changes or cancellations)
- we may not be able to provide you with information about jobs or volunteering with us
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about events, discounts, sales, artist opportunities or special promotions
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful
How can you access and correct your personal information?
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (eg. by emailing it to you).
- If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
- There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to notify you in the case of changes in date or time of a performance
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you
- to answer enquiries, and provide information or advice about existing and new products, services or events
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Bastille Day French Festival, its contractors, or service providers
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you
- to respond to you regarding employment enquiries or enquiries regarding volunteering with Bastille Day French Festival
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority
Any personal data we collect is done so with discretion and we take necessary steps to protect all personal information we hold. No information is passed to third parties of any kind. Careful disclosure of information only occurs within the association when absolutely necessary. There is no external disclosure of any kind.
Contact Forms- Cookies
Content from other websites
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
COVID-19 Contact Tracing
In accordance with the Victorian Department of Human Services to support contact tracing, the Bastille day French Festival must request that each person who attends the premise for more than 15 minutes (including staff) provide:
- First name
- Phone number
Bastille day French Festival is required to keep a record of those details, and the date and time at which the person attended the facility. Records may be kept electronically or in hard copy. Records will be kept for 28 days. Bastille day French Festival will destroy these records after 28 days from the date of the service provided to the individual. This only applies to services where records are not normally kept, i.e. this is special record-keeping introduced only by the Directions. No health records will be destroyed for example, which have their own normal statutory periods for required retention.
Our website address is: https://bastilledaymelbourne.com
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in an appropriate manner with which you are satisfied.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Bastille Day French Festival Inc.,
342 A St Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Last updated 25/01/2021