GRAND FRENCH RAFFLE
Prizes Terms and Conditions*
Bastille Day French Festival Grand Raffle 2018 - Permit 10195/18 Terms & Conditions
By buying a ticket you agree to the following terms & conditions:
The Organiser is the Bastille Day French Festival Inc.
342A St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
The Organiser organises a raffle to win prizes offered by sponsors, The sponsors are Singapore Airlines, Accor Hotels, Delsey, New Caledonia Tourism, Aircalin, CREIPAC, St Claire Country House (together the "Sponsors").
Information on how to enter the raffle and details of prizes form part of these terms and conditions.
Entry to the raffle is by ticket purchase and constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions below
Entry is only open to Australian residents and all the major prize winners must be over 18 years of age.
Raffle sales commence on 01/06/2018 and ends on 15/07/2018 ("Sales Period"). Online ticket sales will close at 15:00 AEDST on 15/07/2018. Paper ticket sales finish at 16:30 on 15/07/2018. The raffle will be
drawn at 16:45 on the 15/07/18 at the North Melbourne Meat Market during the Bastille Day French Festival. Prize Winners will be notified by email on 16/07/2018. Winners’ names will also be published on the Bastille Day French Festival website by midday on 16/07/2018. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable for cash.
Prizes will be finalised and determined at the Organisers sole discretion and are subject to the Sponsors’own terms and conditions, as included in Appendix 1 (the details of the prizes are detailed in Appendix
1).Entrants consent to the Organiser using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this raffle The Organiser collects personal information in order to conduct the raffle. Entry to the Raffle is conditional on providing this information. The Organiser may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Organiser.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Organiser then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or element of the prize.
All prizes must be collected within a month of the draw date from 342A St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004 during business hours. Any uncollected prizes after this time will be forfeited.
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Organisers (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Organisers control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Organiser) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organisers; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
1) FIRST PRIZE DETAILS: The first ticket drawn will win The first prize includes:
A. Two return economy flights Melbourne to Paris on Singapore Airlines
B. Five nights’ accommodation for 2 guests in a Deluxe room at luxurious Sofitel Paris Baltimore Tour
C. Luxury luggage from Delsey
A. Singapore Airlines prize – specific Terms & Conditions:
● Travel is valid ex-Australia and must be completed by 31 March 2019. A black-out travel period
will apply between XX December 2018 and XX January 2019. The tickets are subject to travel
● The tickets are only valid for a maximum stay of thirty-five (35) days, any unused portion of the
tickets after the expiry date shall be deemed null and void.
● Winner will be required to pay the relevant associated government and airport taxes, levies and
● You will be responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, spending money,
travel insurance, visa, freight, excess baggage, meals, ground transportation, accommodation
and any other expenses.
● The tickets are not eligible for an upgrade to a higher class and will not attract frequent flyer
● The tickets must be booked through the Singapore Airlines Melbourne office. Booking requests
are to be made at least ten (10) days prior to desired departure date.
● No changes or cancellations are allowed. An airport no-show will result in the ticket being
● This prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable for cash in part or in full, and
may not be sold to any third party.
● It is recommended to make your flight reservations as soon as possible as flights are strictly
subject to availability and confirmation. Your preferred dates/flights may not be available and
you will need to be flexible with travel dates/flights.
B. Accor Hotels prize – specific Terms & Conditions:
● The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If for any reason, you cannot
take any component of the Prize then the prize will be forfeited.
● All transport, meals, beverages, spending money, insurances, services charges, taxes, transfers
and ancillary costs, are not included in the Prize and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner,
unless otherwise stated.
● All components of the Prize are subject to availability and are not available during school
holidays and special event periods.
● In the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Accor Hotels Asia
Pacific reserves the right to
● substitute that Prize component with another prize component of equal value and you will be
● You must travel and utilize the Prize by Nov 30, 2018
● Minimum of four weeks’ notice is required to confirm your booking.
● The accommodation cannot be used with any other vouchers or special offers
● Please contact Ivy Lim to make your booking on
Email: or Telephone 0011 65 6408 8845
C. Delsey Luxury luggage:
● Luggage will have to be collected within 2 months from winning at Consulate General of France,
342A St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3000 (Please ring (03) 9690 6075 to arrange collection).
Uncollected prizes after two months will be forfeited
● Total value: $7,750
2) SECOND PRIZE DETAILS: The second ticket drawn wins The second prize includes:
a.Two complimentary return economy class tickets on Aircalin to Noumea from Sydney,
Melbourne or Brisbane.
b.7 nights accommodateion in Noumea and airport transfers for two persons, and a one-week
French language course for foreigners (FLE) at the New Caledonia CREIPAC Centre in Noumea..
A. Aircalin terms and conditions:
● Tickets are for two return economy class seats from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Noumea.
● Travel (including Aircalin codeshare flights on SB flight number) is on a firm space basis, though
subject at all times to availability at time of request. Aircalin reserves the right to offer an
alternative date of travel when the preferred choice is not available.
● The prize includes an upgrade to business class on a space availability basis.
● Please note departures in peak travel period may not be available, e.g. Easter, Christmas, School
Holidays and Special Events.
● Travel must be completed by 31 March 2019.
● Travel period cannot be extended beyond the expiry date.
● Tickets are not transferable, redeemable for cash and are non-endorseable.
● Dress code: Smart Casual – Denim jeans, rubber thongs and bare midriff tops are not
● Aircalin highly recommends you take out travel insurance due to unforeseen circumstances that
● Prior to ticketing: the original copy of the Aircalin letter must be forwarded to Aircalin as proof
of your win.
● Ticketing: contact Aircalin on (02) 9264 3255, or via email , at least four
(4) weeks before your intended date of departure to make all of the arrangements.
B. Accommodation in Noumea and one-week French language course: general conditions
● 7 nights accommodation in Noumea and airport transfers for two persons
● Hotel nights include taxes and complimentary breakfast for two people
● Hotel booking: stay valid for one year after the winner’s announcement, must be booked in
advance, based on availability and subject to certain black-out dates.
● Travel to New Caledonia must be completed by 31 st December 2018 and is subject to hotel/flight
availability (Prize cannot be taken during the Australian school holidays, public holidays or other
● Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash
and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
● Additional expenses, including airport departure taxes, visas, compulsory travel insurance, meals
not listed, any optional tours and activities during free time, camera fees, tips or gratuities, and
items of a personal nature, are not included in the prize and are at the winner’s expense.
● Only current Australian residents are eligible to apply
● The winner will be chosen at the judges’ absolute discretion and no correspondence will be
● CREIPAC course - If the winner is an adult, he/she will be able to participate in the Intensive
Courses - 5 sessions per year. If the winner’s companion is a teenager, he or she will be able to
join one of the language immersion courses throughout the year.
● To book your prize please contact Manuela Nielsen:
Total value: $5,000
3) THIRD PRIZE DETAILS: The third ticket drawn will winThe third prize includes:
A weekend of accommodation in the St Claire Guest House
The St Claire Guest House in Trentham East is a fully self-contained private house that has three
bedrooms sleeping up to six people. Each bedroom has an en suite and there is a living room that has a
kitchen, dining and lounge areas. There is also a private outdoor eating area in the garden.
See the Guest House on our website:
Terms and Conditions
● When the weekend of accommodation is taken is subject to availability.
● The weekend of accommodation must be taken within a year of the prize being drawn.
● The weekend of accommodation cannot be taken over long weekends, Easter, Melbourne Cup
weekend or between Christmas and New Year.
● The weekend of accommodation cannot be redeemed for cash.
● Up to six people can sleep in the Guest House.
● Children under 12 years old cannot stay in the Guest House.
● Bubbles and nibbles are included for the first evening and a light continental breakfast is
provided for each morning.
Total value $1,500
By entering the Raffle, you consent to subscribe to the Bastille Day French Festival newsletter and
By entering the Raffle, the participants accept these terms and conditions.